Friends of the German School Charitable Trust Virtual Christmas Market 2022
VENDOR TERMS OF SERVICE AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL VENDORS
- The application deadline for all vendors is Friday, October 28th, 2022 (Form and registration fee). Vendors will be approved or rejected at the discretion of the FRIENDS of the GISW.
- The December 3rd, 2022, event will start at 11:00 am; therefore, all tables and booths must be ready and set up by 10:35 am. The event will run until 5:00 pm.
- Fees for vendors:
- The participation fee is due with your application. The fee for (one (1) table 30" W x 72" L) is
$50.00 and $75 for the second table.
- The space is limited to 2 tables per vendor.
- Vendors pay 30% of their revenue from onsite (day of event) sales in cash (current FRIENDS members pay 20%).
- Due to "bad" checks in the past, we can no longer accept checks at the Market. You can also
pay by credit card; we will charge a 2% fee.
- You will not receive a registration refund if you do not show up at the Christmas Market.
Vendor space inside the school is limited, so we encourage early submission of applications.
Note: All vendors can also display their items and take pre-event orders online in advance through the FRIENDS' 2022 Traditional German Christmas Market website. Customers will pick up their pre-ordered items at the vendor's table on the day of the event. Participating online is an option only and not a requirement to participate in this year's onsite event. Please see below for specific terms and conditions.
- Arriving and Off-loading:
- We ask all vendors to drive up to the main entrance as early as 9:00 am, but NOT before 8:30 am.
Please have your booth/table ready by 10:35 am because, at that time, we will start preparation for the
- We will have a separate Wi-Fi for our vendors so that you can process your credit card purchases. More information will be provided closer to the event.
- Day of Event Administration and Payment:
- On your table, you will find an envelope with paper where you can fill in your amount of onsite sales and the
dues to the Friends of the German International School Washington D.C.
- Please pay your fees with cash or credit card (2% extra charge).
- Packing up and Leaving:
- At 5:00 pm, a member of our FRIENDS Team will come by your table to collect the envelope with your fees. Only after paying your fees may you leave the Christmas Market.
- After 5:00 pm, all sales are closed, and you may start packing your goods. However, closing your booth and leaving before 5:00 pm may lead to your exclusion from our future Christmas Markets.
- Please help us make this process as easy as possible. For your convenience, you may list your sales on the papers in the envelope. However, you don't have to. Once again, you may drive your car up front to load your goods.
Vendors who select the option to display their items and take advance orders online in advance of the onsite event must provide item descriptions, suitable photos, and pricing for each item.
Vendors pay 20% of their revenue from online sales and 30% of their revenue from onsite (day of event) sales.
ADDITIONAL TERMS OF SERVICE AND CONDITIONS FOR VENDORS CHOOSING TO DISPLAY THEIR ITEMS ONLINE FOR PRE-EVENT ORDERING
- The 2022 Christmas Market is an in-person, onsite event. All vendors participating in the pre-event online option must also participate as an onsite vendor. There is no additional cost for vendors to participate in the pre-event online opportunity.
- The last day to submit all the information about your products is Sunday, October 30th, 2022 (images, description, price, etc.) Please submit your product information following the instructions at the bottom of these terms and conditions. This is a firm date so we can manage the process effectively for all vendors.
- Every vendor will have their own dedicated page in their respective category on our website, including their logo and link to their respective websites, if applicable.
- The FRIENDS of The GISW will collect 20% of all online sales. The proceeds will go to fund the projects and activities of the FRIENDS of the GISW.
- Each vendor will receive their proceeds within three business days after the Christmas Market Drive-Thru event on December 3rd, 2022.
- The virtual German Christmas market will be open to the public from Friday, November 4th, 2022, until Sunday, November 27th. 2022 at midnight EST.
- All vendors will receive preliminary sales reports on Friday, November 12th, Friday, November 19th, and Friday, November 26th, 2022.
- Vendors will receive a detailed final online sales report no later than Tuesday, November 29th, 2022.
- All items/products sold online will be packaged by the vendor for pick up by customers at the vendor's table on the day of the onsite Christmas Market event on December 3rd, 2022. Items should be delivered individually pre-packed and labeled with the order number and name of the customer.
- Marketing: The FRIENDS of the German School Washington D.C. will promote the event, starting one month in advance on October 3rd. 2022 and continuing to do so for the duration of the event. This promotion includes, but is not limited to: digital paid and non-paid advertisement on the FRIENDS and School website and social media, targeted emails, printed materials, vinyl banners, and yard signs.
- By submitting your registration and payment, you enter an agreement/contract with the school FRIENDS of the GISW. The FRIENDS of the GISW reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason. The FRIENDS of the GISW are not responsible for any loss of opportunity or potential revenue due to the cancellation of this agreement or contract.
- The vendor may not assign this contract to any other party without the express written approval of the FRIENDS of the GISW.
- The vendor, including all of its owners, agents, employees, or assignees, hereby releases and waives any and all claims for personal injury, product liability, theft, breakage, or other damage, against the FRIENDS of The German International School Charitable Trust nor the German International School Washington D.C., its agents, contractors, successors and assigns, from or otherwise pertaining to the space and equipment rentals here-under, and Vendors expressly assume the risk of rain, wind, lightning and other weather-related elements on the days of the event and expressly disclaims any obligation or representation related to the number of persons to be attending the event or the revenue to be derived therefrom.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT YOUR PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Please download and use the TEMPLATE provided on the vendor registration page (at the bottom) to submit your products/items information text.
- Personal access to a Google Drive Folder under your company name will be provided after your registration for the Christmas Market.
- Upload the logo of your company, square format (1:1), and max. 500 KB in size. JPG or PNG format.
- Upload a banner of your company (which will be used on your dedicated market website page) in rectangular format, 970 x 250 px. - max 1 M.B. size. We will use one of our own designed banners if none is provided.
- Upload a maximum of 5 images per item to your Google drive folder.
- Images must be in square format (1:1) and of max. 800 KB in size. JPG or PNG format.
- Each image must be named with the product/item name followed by a number 1 to 5; 1 will be the main image of the product/item.
- In the file template, please, provide the product's name, a short description, the price in U.S. Dollars before taxes, inventory, and any options/variants (sizes, colors, etc.) You must provide an accurate inventory for each option/variant.
- Upload your complete product/item description file to your designated Google drive folder.
- Once we have all the information, we will proceed to upload all your products to the Christmas Market online shop.
- We will notify you via email once the upload process is finished so you can check your products for accuracy.
- If you find any mistakes, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org